Terms and Conditions of Let for Loch Earn Lodges Limited. (trading as Riverside Log Cabins) Please read this carefully as your entering into a contract as detailed below.
The Contract for a short-term holiday rental will be between Loch Earn Lodges Ltd. (referred to as “us” or “we”) and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (referred to as “you”, “your”, “guests”) under the following booking conditions. Scottish law will govern the Contract. The Contract will be subject to these booking conditions, and must be complied with. The person whose name is on the booking form agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all the following Terms and Conditions are adhered to by all members of the party. The person whose name is on the booking form must stay at the accommodation throughout the holiday and be at least 25 years of age at the time of booking. The names, addresses and ages of all members of the party must be shared with us on request.
When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed by post or email. You must check your booking confirmation as well as all other documents we send you carefully as soon as you receive them. If any information appearing on any document appears to be inaccurate in any way, you must let us know straight away. We regret we cannot accept any liability if we are not notified of any inaccuracy in any document within 14 days of us sending it out.
From 42 days before check-in to the day of check-in, you remain responsible for the full rent and there will be no refund unless we are able to re-let your dates, in which case we will refund you all or part of the sum you have paid, depending on the value of the replacement booking. You will be reimbursed at the check-in date of the original or replacement booking, whichever has the later arrival date.
Exceptionally during the current pandemic we will refund, without question, all guests who book and have to cancel due to government guidance or rules imposed upon them.
We advise all guests to have travel insurance that covers non-COVID related matters.
Cancellations must be notified immediately by telephone and followed up by an email. Note: Bookings may not be transferred to other parties after we have received notification of cancellation.
Cancellation by Us – Very occasionally, in circumstances of ‘force majeure’, we may have to cancel your booking. If we do so we will tell you as soon as possible and offer you an alternative. We regret we cannot pay any compensation or meet any expenses or costs you may incur as a result of any such cancellation or change. We will not accept responsibility or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contract with you is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances which amount to “force majeure”.
Force Majeure – Circumstances amounting to “force majeure” include any event which we or the owners could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such circumstances include the destruction or damage of your accommodation (which cannot reasonably be remedied to a satisfactory standard before the start of your holiday) through fire, flood, explosion, storm or other weather damage, break-in, criminal damage or any similar event beyond ours or the owner’s control. Such circumstances also include riots or civil strife, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, war or threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity and all similar situations beyond ours or the owner’s control.
Adverse Travel Conditions/Weather
The proprietor shall not be liable to the Client for any temporary defects or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the property or for any loss, damage or injury, which is the result of adverse, weathers, conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond their control.
Activities & Facilities – We reserve the right to alter or withdraw amenities or facilities or any activities without prior notice where reasonably necessary due to repairs, maintenance, weather conditions and circumstances beyond our control.
• Bookings are confirmed on receipt of the booking form and upon receiving the deposit of 25% of the holiday cost.
• The balance of the rental will be due for payment 42 days before the arrival date; you will be sent an email notification that the balance is due.
• If your payment has not been received 42 days before the commencement date we will assume that you wish to cancel.
• If the booking is made within 42 days of the arrival date then payment will be due in full. No entry to properties will be allowed without payment, in full, being cleared beforehand.
• If a booking is made within 48 hours of arrival you must phone Riverside Log Cabins Ltd. and confirm your booking with the office manager. Failure to do so could result in the cabin not being available when you arrive.
• Provisional bookings will be held for 24 hours pending receipt of deposit after which the provisional booking will be cancelled.
Credit Card Pre-authorisation – You will be required to provide a Credit / Debit Card on booking for the pre-authorisation of funds to the value noted below. For group bookings one card can be used to secure each unit. If you choose not to provide card details for pre-authorisation then a cash deposit will be required.
Unit without Hot Tub: £200
Unit with Hot Tub: £300
This will be returned to you after your holiday, provided that your accommodation is undamaged, clean and tidy. Pre-authorisation is not a charge and no funds will be debited from your account unless your forfeit your pre-authorised amount. The timescale in which funds are released are determined by your card issuer.
Damage to Accommodation – You are liable for any damage caused in the accommodation during the period of hire. We have the right to enter any accommodation (without prior notice if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies arise (for example if repairs need to be carried out).
Noise – Please be respectful of your neighbours and keep all noise to a minimum. Failure to do so may result in the loss of your deposit and being asked to leave the park.
Unit with Hot Tub – Hot tub usage is permitted until 11pm and should not be used after this time. Failure to abide by this may result in the loss of your deposit. Please follow the rules and guidelines on the hot tub safety notices displayed next to your hot tub.
• The letting period is from 16.00 hours on the day of arrival until 10.00 hours on the day of departure.
• The number of persons occupying a cabin must not exceed the maximum occupancy level stated (which is six, not counting babies in cots). Additional overnight visitors are not permitted unless agreed beforehand in writing.
• Sub-letting or assignment of the let is strictly prohibited.
• The accommodation rented should be kept clean and in good condition and any breakages reported immediately. If excessive cleaning is required a cleaning charge will be levied.
• We require the majority of the party to be aged 25 or over this excludes couples and children. If you give false information in relation to the makeup of your grouping then your booking will be cancelled and no refund will be given. We are a Family Park and therefore if your group consists of a large single sex party or youth groups we would ask you to contact us to discuss your numbers prior to booking. We do not accept Stag or Hen parties.
• The properties let by Loch Earn Lodges Ltd. are to be used for the purposes of a holiday let to which Section 12(2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.
Linen and Towels
• Linen is provided and beds are made up for the number of guests booked. We do ask all our guests to strip the beds on their departure and place the laundry in the linen bag which will be in your cabin.
• Towels are not provided but these can be hired on the booking form.
Cots and High Chairs
• These can be provided at no additional charge. Please add to your booking form and ensure at least 24 hours-notice is given.
• We welcome pets at Riverside Log Cabins. The charge is £30 per dog per week and £20.00 per dog per short break.
• There can be no more than 2 dogs per cabin.
• Pets are not allowed on the furniture and especially in the beds. You must bring your dog basket with you and ensure that your pet(s) does not lie on the bedding or chairs under any circumstances.
• All dog hair must be removed from carpets or this will incur an additional cost.
• Dog (s) must not be left unattended in accommodation or elsewhere and must be exercised on a lead and in the charge of an adult.
• Pets other than dogs can only be accepted with specific permission.
• In the interest of visitor’s safety, and following government legislation, we are sorry we are unable to accept the following types of dog: American Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Fila Brasileiro and Dogo Argentino even where these types of dog are muzzled as required by government legislation.
• Assistance Dogs – Registered assistance dogs will be accepted free of charge at all locations, subject to availability of suitable accommodation.
• Owners must ensure they clean up after their dogs.
Care of the Property
• You are responsible for the property and are expected to take all reasonable care of its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects, in or on the property. You must leave them in the same state of repair and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning. You undertake to leave the property secure if left unoccupied during the period of let. You must not use the properties for any dangerous, offensive, noxious, noisy, immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the owner or other neighbouring properties.
• Smoking of any type (cigarettes, Cigars, Pipes, e Cigarettes etc.) is NOT permitted in the Cabins.
• We reserve the right to refuse to hand over the accommodation to anyone who, in our opinion, is not suitable to take charge of the property. In any such case all monies will be refunded and the contract terminated without further liability. We also reserve the right to terminate the contract at any time or to remove any person or persons due to unreasonable behaviour, damage to property, or causing or likely to cause annoyance or offence to other guests. In such cases of termination of the contract, any refund would be at the discretion of Loch Earn Lodges Ltd.
• We will always try to provide the cabin requested however, reserve the right to change the cabin at any time before arrival. If guests wish to guarantee that they will be in a particular cabin this can be arranged for a fee of £30.
• On rare occasions we reserve the right to enter a cabin during a let to effect repairs or where pets have been left unattended and we are concerned for their welfare or for damages they might cause.
Damages and Breakages
• You are legally bound to reimburse us for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs on demand (although we would not charge you for the odd glass or plate). If you lose a key we will replace it upon you paying for the cutting of a new one.
Hot Tub use and Conditions
• Documentation providing instructions for Hot Tub use is provided in the Cabins. Please follow these instructions as failure to do so will result in you having a poorer experience. If you fail to follow the proper guidelines a cost can be incurred if extra cleaning or maintenance is required.
• The Clients use of a Hot Tub is at their own risk.
• The Hot Tubs are tested every day and if you have contaminated the Tub through use of alcohol, spray tan or any other fluids you will be advised by our staff.
• Hot Tubs are not to be used after 11pm.
• Plastic Glasses are provided for Hot Tub use. No glass or glass bottles are permitted in the Hot Tub area. In the event of staff finding glass we have to assume that there is glass in the Hot Tub and clean it to remove glass. This will result in a substantial deduction from security deposit. If guests use fake tan and have discoloured water, the water will not be changed.
• We will endeavour to have your Hot Tub at an optimum temperature on the night of your arrival. At times this may not be possible due to maintenance, cleaning and fresh water being required before you arrive. Each day, your hot tub will be checked and chemically tested however, it will not be refilled if there has been evidence of excessive misuse.
• The water levels will diminish if the Hot Tub is used by too many people at the one time. The Hot Tubs are designed for no more than 6 people at any one time. Please use the Hot Tub responsibly and always put the lid back on to keep heat in after you have finished using it.
Insurance/ Personal Property
• As well as cancellation and curtailment insurance, clients are recommended to take out holiday insurance to cover loss or damage to personal effects.
• Vehicles, accessories and contents are left at their owner’s risk.
• The proprietors will not be responsible for any loss or damage or any injury to persons not caused through the fault of the proprietor.
• Personal property of visitors occupying accommodation is not the responsibility of Loch Earn Lodges Ltd.
Internet access is provided for guests’ use free of charge. You agree to reasonable and lawful usage of this service. Each Cabin has its own login password. Riverside Log Cabins is in a rural location and our broadband isn’t super-fast. Expect download speeds of 2-3Mbps.
CCTV is in operation at Riverside Log Cabins. Please see our privacy notice for further information.
Every effort is made to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay. However, if you have any problem or cause for complaint, it is essential that you contact us immediately to give us the chance to resolve it. We value your custom and want you to return. We are on site, and will do our best to resolve any problem.
Riverside Log Cabins is continually growing and developing. We will do our utmost to minimise the disruption at all times. However, there will be no compensation or refund in relation to development consisting of maintenance or improvement work being carried out.
No offer can be used in conjunction with any other offer.