Updated May 2018
Riverside Log Cabins LTD (We), are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are a company registered in Scotland under company number; SC493555 and will act as the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. For all data enquires please contact; email@example.com.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”), which this Data Privacy Notice is based on.
What personal data do we collect and for what purposes
- When you make an enquiry or booking through us about a potential booking we will collect details that you provide in relation to that booking or query. Information that we will hold is likely to include your name, contact details such as email address and telephone number, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
- For the purpose of marketing such as communicating special offers and deals, where you have consented to this. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We treat the information that you provide to us as confidential information. We work to protect the security of your information during the transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information that you input. This allows your computer to communicate with our server in a way that is designed to prevent eavesdropping, tampering, or message forgery. You will also know when you are in a secure mode when the padlock or key icon in lower right-hand or left hand corner of the computer screen appears in the locked position. In addition, the first characters of the site address will change from ‘http’ to ‘https’ when accessing the server.
Whilst we take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, data transmission over the Internet cannot be entirely secure. We therefore cannot guarantee the security of the information you disclose online and the use of our facilities (e.g. email) is at your own risk.
Riverside Log Cabins Ltd. will not be liable for any damages or losses suffered directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with unauthorised access, loss or corruption of personal data which you provide to us on this website unless we have been found to be negligent
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will not shared by us unless the following criteria apply:
- in the event that we sell the business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of our employees, customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of, but not limited to, fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How long do we keep your personal data
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary for the purposes of our processing, or when you would request that we do not collect, hold or process any of your information.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was your lawful basis for processing the data.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
Transfer of Data Abroad
We do not transfer personal data outside the EEA.
Automated Decision Making
We do not use any form of automated decision making in our business.
How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact email@example.com or call 01764 685310
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.